Saturday, February 4, 2017

Developing counter-acting while skiing. What is Austrian Counter?

If you truly want to develop counter acting movements in your skiing you have to exaggerate. This type of exaggeration, we call "Austrian Counter." 

Notice in the last three turns of the video below, "slow it down" I really turn my hips to show lots of counter acting. Yet, I never hold or park into that position. counter acting is a movement, not a position when done right.

             
 Above and below are photos clips from the video below, two different turns, from the same video, yet almost identical.

                                      Austrian Counter



                                                                   


                                                        The Release

At the point of Release the counter-acting you developed is held, like in this photo. I have already changed my balance to the new ski.

Video Version

No comments: