Saturday, November 14, 2015

Harald Harb, Skiing after knee replacements surgery.

This is the second day out of this season, and 5 more days after, knee is fine and the legs are getting stronger.

Keeping the inside foot pulled back to assure the hips are moving forward and the tips are pressured. Being forward on your skis, is not about getting the boots softer. It's about how you create movements.

The first few days after skiing the knee tendons will be stiff and need some morning exercise, like a stationary bike or some hot tube therapy. This will really help your flexibility.

8 comments:

Eugene Peppard said...

Harald - congratuations and best wishes for continued recovery. You are an inspiration! Gene

Richard Weil said...

Keep going Harald. It's great to know the knee is working both for you and me - I get mine 1/27 unless he can get me in earlier.

Harald Harb said...

Thank you Gene, things are going well so far.

Erich der Skier said...

This is inspirational. My right one gets replaced on Monday. The left on 2/1/16.
Ski with you in fall 2016.

Erich der Skier said...

Your blog is very inspirational. My surgery is on Monday, followed by the other knee on 2/1. Ski with you next fall!

Bill Dutcher said...

Yes, inspirational indeed. My 74 y o right knee is loose but I've been doing exercises to forestall having to go the surgery route. Falling, or not, may determine it for me. Meanwhile. I watch you... and reread your excellent books...

jack is back said...

Fear not my fellow skiers. Both knees, both hips replaced & skiing better than I ever have. PMTS!!! Our only limitations are the ones we impose on ourselves.

Richard Weil said...

Glad to hear it. I' having my knees replaced 2/24. Tried to ski today - hoped that I could. Didn't work out. Off 'till next season.